API-Smart for connected bees
Protecting our natural resources is now an absolute priority !
Protecting natural resources and biodiversity has become a global priority, and this means protecting bees, whose health is a bio-indicator of air quality and whose work as pollinators is crucial to the survival of farming. But bees are dying at increasing rates.
The API-Smart® programme is designed to reverse this phenomenon by helping to reintroduce hives into our local areas and increase their numbers while exploiting the potential of new technologies to make bees a natural bio-indicator of biodiversity measures.
API-Smart® involves fitting hives with smart sensors and cross-referencing the data they produce with other environmental data (weather, air quality, water mapping, plant and animal life, and more).
Real-time analysis of this data provides an overview of the bees’ health and helps to determine the condition of the environment in which the hives are located.
A honey bee colony biomonitoring service designed to:
- Assess the quality of the environment (mortality rate),
- Assess the resources available to pollinators (nectar and pollen),
- Assess the impact of climate change.
The positive impact of your practices:
- You gain access to the knowledge of renowned scientific experts.
- You get relevant, reliable CSR indicators.
- You can arrange visits to your hives for educational events and to showcase your commitment to your clients.
- You can monitor and display developments in your hives in real time.
- You can demonstrate your environmental responsibility.
You benefit from a dedicated communication resource to share your values!
Your biodiversity indicators
- Assess whether your bees have enough resources to last the winter.
- Measure the quality of flower resources over the course of the year.
- Determine the diversity of flowers your bees have access to over the year.
- Get recommendations on improving biodiversity.
Together, we collect data on bees’ activity and health.
The 1st AI hive monitoring solution for environmental biomonitoring.
Our 360° measuring approach gathers bee activity and health data continuously and automatically
in partnership with two French start-ups
Our bee counter uses Artificial Intelligence to capture and perform on-board analysis of the video feed of the hive’s landing board.
It automatically counts the number of bees entering and leaving the hive, allowing you to:
- Measure flows of foraging bees throughout the day,
- Determine the hive’s daily mortality rate